Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Pyramid Scheme (Ep. 5.5)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:12 pm 
What do we have for cover? How close is the helicopter to the door?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:46 am 
Stop already you DREKKING BIFF!

Stunbolt 5 the guard with the gun

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:34 pm 
Move to grab the nearest rifle, all six clips, and proceed to load.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:51 am 
Ragin' Gaijin
The cold wind of the Seattle night bites across Butcher's skin on the exterior of the Aztechnology Pyramid as you chew your lip, peering in on the guards inside who have discovered your handiwork.

Decision time.

"Frag it. They'll call for backup before checking us out, gotta end this. I'll lead, you clean up anything I miss."

"Gotcha, Butch.

Both cybernetically enhanced street warriors blur into motion, Butcher kicking the unlocked door wide with his Urban Combat pressed tight to his shoulder. The muted stutter of the submachine gun's suppressed fire is a beautiful thing. Stroking the trigger you send tight, controlled bursts at both men. Leading high on the first he takes the first round dead center on the forehead, the others follow sending blood and brain matter misting out. The spasming body slams into the second guard, sending him off balance as your follow up shots go wide.

Candy follows quickly, the stumbling guard nearly running into you. Thinking quickly, you give a brief leg sweep and he's on the ground. The rounds that follow from your smg are more execution than anything. You smile your petite, orky smile at Butcher.

"We ever gonna do anything hard on this run, Butch?"

---------------------

Deeper in the Pyramid, things are exactly that ... hard. Luster is facing frustration for one the first time's you can remember. Losing your cool you let the magic and your anger be one.

"Stop already you DREKKING BIFF!

As the nonsense sputters out of your cultured lips, you shove both hands forward and suddenly the guard reacts like he has taken a haymaker to the jaw. Stumbling, he tumbles down the small stairway to the sunken pit. He lays at the base of the stairs, his eyes closed but his chest heaving.

The door to the firing range opens as Everard swings a rifle that looks like a sniper rifle and an assault rifle had a baby up to firing position. Sweeping the room, you see the guard down and neither of the engineers seem prepared to make a move.

Seconds later a sharp intake of air startles the hell out of the both of you, as suddenly Phantasm is breathing again. Luster feels the healing spell he cast come to completion and breathes a sigh of relief. Phantasm rolls out of the chair to his hands and knees coughing and sputtering.

"This ... is ... why ... I ... stay ... home."

---------------------------------

Spoiler! :
.: Guard Station :.

Suprise Test - may only act against those with equal or less hits

Butcher (Initiative, ambush +6): 1,1,5,6,5,2,5,5,6,6,1,4,2,3 (7 hits)
Candy (Initiative, ambush +6): 6,5,3,4,2,6,3,5,6,2,1,3,6,5,5 (8 hits)
Guard #1 (Initiative): 4,4,6,2,1,3,1 (1 hit)
Guard #2 (Initiative): 3,6,5,4,4,2,3 (2 hits)

Initiative

12 - Candy (2 passes)
11 - Bucher (2 passes)
9 - Guards

Candy

Delaying

Butcher

Short, Narrow Burst @ Guard #1 (called shot); Short, Narrow Burst @ Guard #2

Automatics + Agility (smartlink +2, edge +2, called shot -4): 4,6,5,2,5,3,3,5,5,2,3 // 4 (5 hits)
Guard #1 Reaction: 6,1,1,4 (1 hit - glitch)
Net Hits: 4
Damage Value: 15P, -4 AP (5P, hits +4, called shot +4, narrow burst +2, APDS -4 AP)
Resistance - Body + Ballistic Armor: 1,4,6,5,6 (3 hits)
Guard #1 glitches on opposed check for attack, jostles other guard - interfering with his reactions for round.
Guard #1 takes 12 boxes of Physical Damage to the dome. Dead.

Automatics + Agility (smartlink +2, recoil -3, multiple targets -2): 2,3,4,5,6,4,2,4 (2 hits)
Guard #2 Reaction (other guard bumped into -1): 4,6,6
Net Hits: 0 - miss

Candy

Aim, Short, Narrow Burst @ Guard #2

Automatics + Agility (smartlink +2, edge +2, aim +1, called shot -4): 5,1,4,6,6,1,5,3,1,2 // 3,6 // 4 (5 hits)
Guard #2 Reaction (other guard bumped into -1): 2,4,3
Net Hits: 5
Damage Value: 16P (5P, hits +5, narrow burst +2, called shot +4)
Resistance - Body + Ballistic Armor: 5,6,1,5,1,4,3,2,6 (4 hits)
Guard #2 takes 12 boxes of Physical damage to the facial region. Also Dead.

.: Lab :.

Luster

Casts Stunbolt (Force 5) @ Guard

Spellcasting + Magic (background count -1, wound -1, wound -1): 3,6,3,4,1,6,2 (2 hits)
Guard Willpower: 1,1,5 (1 hit - glitch)
Net Hits: 1
Damage Value: 6S (5S, +1 hits)
Drain - Charisma + Willpower: 5,2,6,5,6,6,3,1 (5 hits)
Luster takes 0 boxes of Stun damage.
Guard takes 6 boxes of Stun damage. Stunned on floor (glitch).

1 Combat Turn (3 seconds) later ...

Phantasm heals 5 boxes of Physical damage as Heal spell becomes permanent.

Situation

Butcher & Candy have re-secured the guard station. Touch is off to jack the Yellowjacket.

In the lab, there is a moment of calm. You have completed the target of your run, you have the data and you sabotaged the existing files. Everard has one of the three prototypes left in the firing range, you know it would probably be best to take them all - to prevent reverse engineering to fix the problems you slipped into their design. The guard is at least momentarily unconscious, the engineers are still dazed from the dumpshock. It's about time to get the hell out of here and get paid ....

What do you do?

Condition
Everard: 4/10 Stun; 3/4 Edge (disoriented -2 to all actions for 6 minutes - dumpshock)
Luster: 3/10 Stun; 3/10 Physical; 2/5 Edge
Phantasm: 8/10 Physical; 3/3 Edge
Touch: 1/9 Physical; 1/3 Edge

A “character optimization board” was the piece of wood the DM hit you with when you thought your PC was so cool and invincible. Min-maxing was finding a way to flick your wrist just right so that your wizard PC got 4 hit points when he leveled instead of just 1.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:38 pm 
Bonerfart
Drag the bodies outside. Check and see if they have anything interesting on them. Take cover behind the opening for the door and cover inside ready to ambush another group if necessary.

Where the hell are those guys? We've gotta keep the escape route clear here, but we can't fight the whole pyramid! Touch, how long you got there?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:47 am 
smile

Look at Everard, motion at him with my Chin.

Weren't there a trio of those?

March quickly over to the firing range to grab the remaining two guns and yell playfully over my shoulder

Wakey wakey, Mr. 'Tasm. You're going to have to carry one of these bad boys. I can pull of one as an accessory but two would be too over the top.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:55 pm 
"Weren't there a trio of those?"

Yuhuh. But these babies don't fit in my pocketses.

Help Phantasm to his feet. Help Luster secure the remainig rifles.

Examine the ammunition. Custom or OTS?

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6