Post subject: Target audience
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:11 am 
Drifter With A Purpose
So...who's supposed to be here?

Originally, Biznich.Net was for the circle of friends to have their own website, and then the forums were added and all of our friends could join the mayhem. Is it the same now? Can I (or any of us) go out and invite people to join and run with a "more the merrier" attitude?

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:25 am 
Ragin' Gaijin
Glad this was brought up early.

I've always welcomed everyone and anyone here. I'm also open to suggestions as to what the site itself's "focus" can/should be. Once upon a time is was just random crap we put up, then I was going to make it into the home of Team Biznich.Net - which is now more or less defunct since we don't use it for anything anymore :roll:

But I'd like to get something outside the forums going on the site as well. The forums are your general "pop culture-ish" discussion place with a bit of a bent towards various types of gaming. I'd like to have some columns possibly running on the main site and open to any other suggestions as well. If you're willing to commit to a regular column and have an idea for one, let me know.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:23 pm 
I'd like to do an advice column. Really.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:40 pm 
Ragin' Gaijin
EmpressJess wrote:
I'd like to do an advice column. Really.

Flesh this out a little for me. Think on a name and something resembling a format. Do people ask you questions? Is it a general advice column on topics of your choice?

Also figure roughly how often you'd commit to. I don't know how soon I'll have a main page up. But it would be nice to have a column or two in the works when it does. I'll give anyone who's committed a chance.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:38 am 
Drifter With A Purpose
Jessica's idea gives me an idea. Beside's the movie/gaming review I'd like to do (or will likely pawn off on one of my UW-P minions) I'd like to do an advise column of sorts. I'd like people to chime in with philosophy/religion/political questions that I would then breakdown into the various types of philosophy and answer. This may seem a bit convoluted, but I think it would work and I'd love to give it a try.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:36 am 
I'd like to do an "Ask Laskas" kind of column, where people submit questions, and I'd answer a few. On the slow times with no questions I can switch it over to a rant column on a topic of my choice.

I could do this bi-weekly.

Profile  Offline